So what’s the deal with shrubs…
I was making this pathway lines with shrubs to Pashmina’s house(since I don’t want her to be moving any time soon), but to my dismay as I reached the last few shrubs to complete the pathway, they all seem to die…
I found out that you can only plant 12 shrubs in an adjacent row.
With a little redesigning, I managed to successfully complete the shrub pathway to Pashmina’s house…
Here are some tips regarding planting shrubs:
You can plant bushes alone in the village. By that I mean that you can plant bushes anywhere in the main village if all its adjacent tiles are free.
- You cannot plant bushes on the beach. The two attempts at doing so have failed, so I conclude that it can’t be done.
- You can plant bushes next to each other. I’ve attempted to plant a row of bushes, as well as three bushes in an L pattern, and both attempts succeeded. I don’t know if you can plant a square of bushes (4 or 9 or + bushes), but I have no reason to think you cannot. I didn’t do the test because I ran out of bushes, but if I can I’ll test this and update this answer.
- You can plant bushes next to a tree. An attempt at planting a bush right next to a tree succeeded, so I conclude that it can be done.
- You cannot plant bushes adjacent to a river tile. I planted a bush next to a straight river going North-South, and it wouldn’t grow.
- You cannot plant bushes adjacent to a cliff. Self-explanatory.
- You cannot plant bushes adjacent to a building or a public works project. In my opinion this is the most important test. I planted a bush at the following four locations: next to my house, next to Re-Tail’s, directly above a lamppost and above-left the same lamppost (so left of the previous bush). All of these wilted. My conclusion is that you cannot plant bushes adjacent to a building or a public works project.
Note: This last test cost me upwards 40’000 bells and 4 days to build/remove the lamppost and obtain the bushes. I strongly advise against attempting to reproduce this experiment due to the cost in time/money.
- Bushes can grow in a connection of 12 at most. This includes trees and stumps, vertically, horizontally, and diagonally. If a bush or a tree is planted near a sequence of twelve bushes/trees/stumps touching each other, that thirteenth sapling will not grow
for the anon who requested a QR of the coffee sign
I realize you can’t use QR’s for signboards in town, so I included a close up so it can be replicated. Feel free to use it and change it up however you like :3
My town flag! ;w;
I used a reference for this one… I took the logo and shrunk it down to 32x32 in Paint.NET and just copied. ;w; Came out very nice, I think.
Looks good on furniture, too…! ;w;
It’s not the best but I made Aigis’s trenchcoat from Persona 4 Arena and felt like I should share it.